Thursday, January 7, 2010

Recommendation for Jason S. Kite Runner


Jason, I know this is a chicklit blog, but I thought you'd like this book recommendation. I wouldn't count this book, Kite Runner by Khalid Hosseini, as chick lit. It's literary fiction with some very heartachingly sad parts. It's about two boys who grow up together, but because of circumstances in Afghanistan the their lives diverge. The book not only outlines the adventures of their lives and how much both boys yearned for their fathers' love, but it also details the conflict in the country and the rise of the Taliban. You have to have a thick skin to read this book, but it's a powerful story.

1 comment:

  1. Did you notice that Ryan got Toby this book and a matching kite for his secret santa on the office? Toby was delighted...

    I have seen the movie, and based on this recommendation, I will definitely check out the book.

    ReplyDelete